Your resume speaks on your behalf LONG before you ever have an opportunity to communicate your skills to a hiring manager or interview team in person. This is why it is so critical that you make a strong impression with your resume. We recommend the following:
- TOOT YOUR HORN or brag, brag, brag! It will separate you from the crowd and tell the reviewing party that you are mission driven and have a history of accomplishing great feats.
- QUALIFY AND QUANTIFY your achievements since numbers make your story clearer. You might include:
• Dollar amount of high budget projects
• Percentage of decrease in expenditures
• Percentage improvement in incidents
• Percentage of increase of sales, profit.
- CONSOLIDATE experience that dates back further than ten years if the responsibilities were similar. List the job titles and employer; followed by a bulleted list of duties/accomplishments .
We're your expert when it comes to resume, interview and career strategies, so let's talk and get you moving toward your goal!